Be aware of the world of freight It ends up being a central axis in our daily activities. As a leading company in the logistics world, we always want to stay at the forefront. Therefore, we are always on the lookout, investigating all trends. Today we are going to tell you the five that we consider to be the main ones. Let’s get started!
This technology is still in the making. Decentralized, it serves to improve business operations. All of this owes it to its detailed transaction log, asset tracking and transparent system. The the efficiency that provides us for the administration of documents involved in the logistics process will be essential in the future.
The blockchain is assisted by tools developed within the computing cryptographic. Yes, like cryptocurrencies, it generates a unique and secure digital channel between the provider and the customer. Thus, we can have intelligent communication channels, which save us time and money. Not to mention that security increases if we install it for the entire supply chain. Goodbye frauds, bottlenecks and errors – we’ll always know who is behind the computer on the other end of the phone.
Internet of things in freight transport
By “Internet of Things” we mean an ecosystem of smart, web-enabled devices. They are everyday objects but which will have processors, sensors and communication equipment via the Internet. Thus, we can collect data through smart sensors on trucks and packages. For example, these devices can alert nearby vehicles of potential dangers in the future.
➤Read also: The Internet of Things (IoT) applied to logistics 4.0
In addition, it will equip our trucks with the ability to predict curves and blind spots from a distance, including the identification of pedestrians, cyclists and other dangers on the road. The projection is that the Internet of Things will transform our industry by realizing collect data and information that is still inaccessible and in real time. Thus, we can have even more precise data analysis, in addition to the automation of mobility.
Artificial Intelligence is proving to be more and more secure and efficient. By being able to avoid traffic and accidents, it also reduces carbon emissions and minimizes overhead costs. Currently, we come across the following research in AI in transportation:
- Knowledge Based Systems (KBS). They are rule-based inference engines. So, with data that is impossible for our mind to process, they can draw new conclusions about our business.
- Neural networks (NN). These are machine learning methods like back propagation. If, for example, he is taught to add to a machine, it is not difficult for him to learn to subtract. From there to infinity …
- Genetic algorithms (GA). They are random methods of combining and testing solutions to determine the most appropriate solution over several generations of attempts. Many times, doing all of this without the help of a machine would be impossible.
- Agent-based methods (ABM). New way of modeling complex systems with interactive parts which seems to suit transport problems well.
Big Data for improved freight transport
The huge amount of data that we can currently store allows us to generate analysis algorithms to predict the future of our operation. Thanks to this, we can avoid interruptions in the freight transport system. The same applies to the maintenance of used equipment.
Big Data logistics makes it possible to optimize rounds, order in the warehouse and provide more transparency throughout the chain. So we can:
- Prevent financial affairs
- Diagnose vehicles
- Perform better marketing campaigns
- Establish driving habits
- Draw conclusions from real-time location data
- Ditto for navigation on the site
- Have better information on traffic, weather, monitors and forecasting systems
Towards autonomous transport
Autonomous drones and delivery trucks are starting to gain attention. Of the two, a considerable impact is expected on improving road safety. Thanks to these safe routes, delivery times and car accidents will be reduced. In addition, autonomous forklifts and robotic arms for repetitive and tedious work are becoming realities within the warehouse.
You may be interested in: What is combined transport and when to use it?
Freight shipping will see further changes in the near future. It is up to us to accept it and above all to make good use of its technologies. For this we will always need a specialized team open to innovation which is developed with great professionalism. Since Trade Journal we are always ready to step into the future. And you? We read you in the comments!